01 March 2010

Self-portrait Inspiration

michelle_viking

Lately I've wanted to do a self-portrait. In thinking about it I'm not sure of the medium yet. But I think I would like to create one before summer. In design school we did a self-portrait exercise in a style of a famous modern artist. I choose Jasper Johns, who I still love and visit his great works at the Walker Art Center. Now I would like to revisit this idea of how do I see myself. I believe your home should be filled with things you love and art that is a reflection of you. I guess I've been playing around with idea of reflect for a while and want to translate that to my own image. More ideation to come, but these were pulls from last week.

inspiration: self-portrait
inspiration: self-portrait
inspiration: self-portrait

Other ideas on mediums... Silkscreen, fabric...

inspiration: self-portrait
inspiration: self-portrait

No comments: