17 May 2010

Number 29: Find the Perfect New Set of Glasses.



Here they are! Number 29. Complete!

Oliver Peoples, Sheldrake RBR.
Inspired by Andy Warhol, this optical frame is hand-sculpted in generous acetate (plastic) and also plays well as a sunglass. The bridge is crafted with a unique keyhole shape and the frame front is detailed with small silver plaques. The visible core-wire within the temple is embossed with Oliver Peoples logo detailing and the Oliver Peoples plaque is embossed at the temple end. Colors available include sophisticated shades, such as Black, Crystal and Storm, as well as Limited Edition shades: Matte Goldwood and RBR. 


I am going to put my prescription in these glasses and use them for everyday. I've always wanted a pink set but never found the right shade, style etc. These are so glass. I think I'm going to love them for many years to come. Happy early b-day to me! This style is of my favorite decade, the 1950s. I'm currently doing a little research on our home. It is a mid-century rambler. I seem to look this era of design. 

Purchased online at eyeglass.com
Voted one of the ten best women's glasses by The Independent

See more of the 30/30 list.

Inspiration: Burning Settlers





les enfants s'ennuient le dimanche (the children are bored on sundays) from Oliver Peoples on Vimeo.

I liked these too, but my hear was set on the Sheldrake.


3 comments:

Boner said...

I have the same ones! They're awesome, and I don't even like pink.

See?
http://twitpic.com/17s81g

Michelle Rollins said...

those look great on you! lovely. I can't find this set anywhere :(. Still looking for the prefect set of glass before I turn 30! Wish me luck.

If you ever want to sell them let me know!

joe said...

We share the opinion on glasses and I really enjoy reading your article.

I am glad to read some fantastic optical article like this.

I like your ideas about sunglasses and I hope in the future there can be more bright articles like this from you.